You’ve worked hard to build your business so that you can take control of your financial destiny.
But positioning your business – and yourself – for a successful exit takes a different skill set than growing the business itself.
You need to build your exit to get the outcomes you want.
Exit Builder™ provides a custom blueprint for your highest impact strategies and actions to drive value (and how to avoid the mistakes that cause many exits to fail.)
Here’s what Exit Builder™ includes:
Phase 1: Discover
Understand your starting point and get ready for the journey
- Understand what’s important: Who matters? What matters?
- Assess where you are today and set goals for your exit:
- Initial Business Valuation: Define how the business is performing in key areas
Phase 2: Orient and Plan
Where are you headed and how do you get there?
- Identify gaps between your goals and where your business is as you start the process
- Road map: Recommendations for what to improve that will make the biggest difference in your exit
- Assemble your team
Phase 3: Optimize
Let’s do it together: we’ll make the improvements that will make the biggest difference
We look at your business with the eyes of a buyer.
We’ll look at every aspect of your business, with particular focus on optimizing what will make the biggest difference in securing a successful transition.
As we optimize, we de-risk and ensure we remove “landmines” that can blow up your deal.
- Purpose / Mission
- Product / service – Optimize
- Financials: accounting and financial statements for good decision making and forecasting
- Brand / Market position
- Marketing – New client lead flow
- Customer retention
- Operations (systematized)
- Leadership (bench, leadership transition) –
- People strategy (below leadership)
Phase 4: Realize
Position the business for sale, get the deal done, enjoy the rewards
- New valuation: measure the impact of improvements
- Market Landscape Analysis: are conditions favorable for your exit?
- Assemble and manage your transaction team
- Oversee final work to prepare the business for sale
- Ensure your deal closes properly, with the minimum of headaches and obstacles
- Coach you as you complete with your business and move on to what’s next